SOUTH GEORGIA STATE COLLEGE
ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME
Sponsored by the SGSC Foundation
CLICK HERE FOR THE ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME NOMINATION FORM - DUE MONDAY, MAY 9, 2022 BY 12:00 PM
Return nomination form by email to Dr. Greg Tanner at email@example.com or mail to:
Dr. Greg Tanner
South Georgia State College Office of Advancement
100 West College Park Drive
Douglas, GA 31533
Ceremony will be held on Thursday, June 2 from 6:00 - 8:00 pm on the Douglas Campus for selected inductees, family, and guests.
More details to follow once selections for induction have been made.
South Georgia State College has a rich athletic heritage dating back to the pre-World War II era. From the beginning of the SGSC athletic program, student-athletes have made lasting contributions to the overall strength and vitality of this institution. The purpose of the South Georgia State College Athletic Hall of Fame is to honor these outstanding athletes, teams, administrators and coaches who have distinguished themselves either by performance on the field of play or contributions to society in general. A committee led by the Athletic Director of South Georgia State College will select inductees to the Hall of Fame according to the guidelines listed below.
Criteria for Membership
- The Hall of Fame will be open to persons who have made an outstanding contribution to South Georgia State College as:
- A superior competitor in SGSC intercollegiate athletics, as well as other collegiate or professional level of competition
- A coach, administrator or athletic official who has made a long- term contribution to SGSC athletics through strong leadership and exceptional effort.
- In order that proper assessment may be made of a nominee:
- A time period of ten (10) years must have elapsed since graduation for a student-athlete.
- A time period of five (5) years must have elapsed since a coach, administrator or athletic official has held an official capacity at South Georgia State College
- Exceptions to time period guidelines must receive a unanimous vote of the committee.
- Director of Athletics (Chairperson)
- Alumni Representative
- Faculty Representative
- Community Member
- SGSC Foundation Representative
- Solicited from alumni and community through the Office of Athletics and Advancement communications channels.
- Solicited from SGSC coaches, administrators and Hall of Fame Selection Committee.
- Nominees from previous years who were not inducted will automatically be considered by the committee for the next two (2) nomination periods.
- A firm deadline for submission for nominations will be communicated during each nomination cycle.
- Posthumous nominations will be accepted.
- An SGSC team may be nominated.
- The Selection Committee shall review nominees and their credentials.
- After review of all the nominee’s credentials, candidates will be voted upon by secret ballot.
- Committee decides number of inductees.
For more information, contact Dr. Greg Tanner, Vice President of Advancement, Government Relations and Athletics at firstname.lastname@example.org or 912.260.4259.