South Georgia State College Bachelor's of Science in Elementary and Special Education
Early admission applications into the ELE/SPED Program are accepted beginning October 1, 2022 through February 19th, 2023 for the fall, 2023 semester cohort(s). The application for our program is "online" and the link is provided below. After submitting the online application, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment for an admissions orientation meeting between some of our ELE/SPED program faculty and staff.
Please complete the online program admissions application.
The elementary and special education program offers dual certification in elementary and special education (with a reading endorsement), preparing students to work in both fields in grades K-5. All ELE/SPED cohorts begin in the fall. Students in the ELE/SPED program are required to attend orientations, open houses, meet and greets, etc., all of which are held weeks before the official start of the SGSC fall semester. Please plan to be available as early as mid-July to attend these required events. Failure to attend these events will result in removal from the program. No exceptions will be made.
Some of the listed items below will be completed during the orientation meeting
- Completed Candidate Beliefs Self-Assessment Survey.
- Proof of successful completion of Georgia Education Ethics Assessment.
- Copy of professional liability insurance showing coverage for entire length of program (two years), through graduation.
- Copy of unofficial transcript reflecting:
- GPA of 2.50
- Completion of 60 semester credit hours that are applicable to program degree plan of study, including the completion of all courses in Area A1 (ENGL 1101, ENGL 1102), A2 (Math) and Area F (EDUC 2110, EDUC2120, EDUC 2130), with grades of C or better upon entering the program.
Our program admissions office also requires that you…
- Signed and notarized Verification of Lawful Presence (VLP) affidavit form (must include clear copy of acceptable ID as noted on Pg. 6 of Pre-Service Certification Application). (Completed during an orientation meeting).
- Must maintain a documented, overall (SGSC and Transfer) grade point average of 3.0;
- Register with the Georgia Professional Standards Commission and secure your MyPSC account; and