GOAL 1 - ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
SGSC WILL CONTINUE TO DEVELOP EXISTING AND/OR NEW ACADEMIC PROGRAMS BASED ON THE IDENTIFIED NEEDS OF THE WORKFORCE AND COMMUNITY.
- Conduct a yearly needs assessment using data from the Department of Labor, local Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Authorities and other identified stakeholders to determine future workforce needs.
- Complete an ongoing gap analysis of baccalaureate programs approved and offered by other institutions in the region.
- Conduct a yearly student and prospective student interest study.
- Based on (1) thru (3) above, develop a plan to craft 10 new baccalaureate programs for submission to the Board of Regents within five years.
- Expand the number of online course offerings for all degree programs by 20 percent.
This goal is supported by the following units: