South Georgia State College Office of Fiscal Affairs is committed to providing quality service and responsive and efficient support to all of our constituents.
The Vice President for Fiscal Affairs is responsible for the management of the fiscal resources of South Georgia State College. Areas of responsibility include budgeting, capital resources, financial accounting, postal services and procurement.
Fiscal Affairs is located on the second floor of Richey Hall at South Georgia State College in Douglas, Georgia.
The following are instructions for accessing your 1098T information on Self Service Banner:
1. Proceed to the Self-Service Banner link on the SGSC website.
2. Log into your Self Service Banner account using the following:
Username: Your username is the first part of your email before the @ symbol
Password: Your current email password
NOTE: If it’s your first time signing-in, your initial password uses the following schema: If your name is Jane Doe your password will be sgscJDXXXX, where the sgsc is the acronym for South Georgia State College, the J is the first letter of the first name (capitalized) and the letter D is the first letter of the last name (also capitalized), the XXXX represents the last four digits of your Student ID (or 988 number).
3. Choose Student Services and Financial Aid.
4. Choose Student Records.
5. Choose Tax Year.
- Enter the tax year needed
- Choose Submit
6. Choose Tax Notification
7. Print the page
Your 1098-T form will not be mailed. Hard copies are available upon request by contacting Beth McSwain at 912.449.7526 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nelnet is a third party vendor who administers a short-term payment plan for students, making college tuition more affordable. Enrollment is open until the last day of Drop/Add each semester; however, to get the best payment option of lower enrollment fees and lower monthly payments, a student should register as early as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions About NelNet
What is the cost to participate in the Nelnet Payment Plan?
- Depending on the date by which the student enrolls, the enrollment fee ranges from $50 to $70.
What other amount does a student have to pay up front?
- Depending on the date by which a student enrolls, the down payment ranges from 0% to 50% of the requested payment amount.
Does a student have to pass a credit check?
- Students are not required to pass a credit check; however, a student must provide Nelnet with payment information from an active financial institution, banking account or credit card, from which monthly payments will be drafted (service fees apply to Debit/Credit Card transactions). A $30 nonrefundable returned payment fee will be charged for each payment not honored by the student's payment method.
What is the maximum amount a student can budget through Nelnet?
- A limit of $5,500 per semester applies.
When does the Enrollment Period begin for each semester?
- Enrollment usually opens approximately 4 to 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
How late is the Enrollment Period open?
- Enrollment is open until the last day of Drop/Add each semester; however, to get the best payment option of lower enrollment fees and lower monthly payments, a student should register as early as possible.
More information about NelNet can be found here.
Vice President for Fiscal Affairs and Administration
Accounting Assistant- Cashier (Douglas Campus)
Student Accounts Specialist
Accounting Assistant- Cashier (Waycross Campus)
Accounting Assistant - Accounts Payable
Fiscal Affairs Fax: 912.260.4497