Life at SGSC
South Georgia State College has partnered with EverFi, whose mission is to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol abuse prevention, sexual assault prevention, and financial literacy in higher education institutions across the country. Each year over 700,000 students complete these courses. This is part of the new Title IX requirements and initiatives from the University System of Georgia.
As part of our comprehensive prevention program, South Georgia State College expects selected students to complete AlcoholEdu and Haven. This online education will empower students to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect their college years and beyond.
All first-time, full-time students and residential students must complete Part 1 of these courses no later than October 27th to avoid a registration hold being placed on their account.
AlcoholEdu and Haven are both currently available; students should begin these courses as soon as possible.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
Students are expected to complete AlcoholEdu and Haven during the SGSC 1000 class. Students will need one EverFi Higher Education Account to access both courses from their dashboard.
To fulfill South Georgia State College’s requirement:
• Go to: http://www.everfi.com/login
• Enter the Registration Code: dde48b1e and click “I’m a Student” to create your EverFi Account
NOTE: When prompted, please enter your 9-DIGIT STUDENT ID to receive credit for completion.
• Complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu and Haven by October 27th, 2015.
• After 30-45 days the student will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu and Haven.
*If the student already has an EverFi Higher Ed Account, they should visit http://www.everfi.com/login, enter their login information, then enter registration code dde48b1e by clicking “Add a Course” in the top right corner of the Dashboard.
Should you have questions regarding these courses, please contact email@example.com.
Other Important Information:
• The student will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
• To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
• The student may take the course in multiple sittings.
• The course may include surveys to help personalize the student experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; South Georgia State College will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
• Should the student experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.