Ethics and Reporting Hotline
Reporting an Issue
One of the most critical challenges our College faces in maintaining our success is preventing losses caused by unethical, illegal, or unsafe acts. Each of us shares the responsibility for meeting this challenge. The most effective way to maintain an ethical, honest College is captured in the phrase "doing what's right." "Doing what's right" brings out the best in you, co-workers, and the College. Through this program, we will focus on honesty and ethics as an everyday part of your job by encouraging you to make the right decisions when it comes to your own actions and providing you with a resource to report inappropriate acts to your supervisor, dean or administrator.
While speaking to your supervisor is the most effective way to report dishonest or unethical behavior, we realize it is not always possible to do so. Therefore, we have made arrangements with an independent company to provide a toll-free number or website for individuals who want to speak up but prefer to remain anonymous This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and allows you to voice your concerns without fear of retaliation.
The toll-free number is 1-877-516-3465 or you may contact Global Compliance via the web at https://sgsc.alertline.com/.
Examples of items that should be reported whether through institutional communications or via the Ethics and Reporting Hotline include:
- Financial Matters (Accounting, Internal Controls, Fraud, Theft, etc.)
- Safety (Vandalism, Unsafe Working Conditions Environmental Issues, Other Safety Matters)
- Research (Research Programs, Research Funding, etc.)
- Academic (Misrepresentation of Credentials, Academic Dishonesty, etc.)
- Human Resources (Confidentiality, Data Privacy, Copyright Violations, Other Waste/Abuse of Resources/Information)
- Athletics (Athletic Conference Compliance, etc.)
- Information Systems (Hacking, Password Sharing, Unauthorized Access to Systems or Networks, Software Copyright Violations) Suspected fraud
- Suspected use of College property for non-College activities or personal gain
- Departments depositing money into their own checking account rather than through the College's Cash Receipts Transmittal
- Suspected expenditures of departmental funds for personal use or other non-allowable expenses
- Suspected failure to comply with College policies and procedures, or state or federal laws and regulations
Examples of issues NOT to be reported on this form:
- Sexual harassment (please report this directly to the Human Resources Office at 912-260-4377).
- Crime (please report this directly to the Office of Public Safety at 912-260-4444) or call 911 for an emergency.
- Personal grievances with other employees or superiors, please report this directly to Human Resources 912-260-4377.
Board of Regents Ethics and Compliance Program