Effective Fall 2011, all applicants who are accepted for admission or readmission to South Georgia State College, and who seek to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes, will be required to provide validation of residency and lawful presence in both the State of Georgia and the United States.
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia has adopted policies governing the classification of students as in-state and out-of-state for tuition purposes. These policies ensure that out-of-state students pay a fair and reasonable share of the cost of their education.
The following items may be helpful to students who are classified as out-of-state for tutition purposes:
Petition for Classification of Students for Tuition Purposes
- Students who have been classified as out-of-state for tuition purposes and believe they are entitled to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes may petition the institution for a change of status.
- Examples of appropriate documentation are listed on the form.
Tuition Classification: Enrollment Application Correction (Affidavit)
- To be used only if an error was made or questions concerning tuition classification were left blank on the Enrollment Application.
- This document must be notarized.
Out of State Tuition Waivers
- Students who have been classified as out-of-state for tuition purposes and believe they are eligible for a waiver should review the waivers available and identify which waiver may apply.
- Waivers should be completed and submitted to the Registrar's Office.
Submit all required petitions, correction forms, and supporting documentation to the Registar's Office before the term begins:
South Georgia State College
100 W. College Park Dr.
Douglas, GA 31533
It is strongly suggested that you keep either an electronic or paper copy of the completed form for your records.
Need Help? Use Hawk Helper to submit a ticket.