Students who earn the Associate of Arts degree in Theatre are prepared to transfer as juniors to a senior college or university. Students so prepared could elect to complete the bachelor's degree in Theatre. Those students could also opt for any number of programs offered by a school or college of arts and sciences. Academic advisement for this program is provided by the School of Arts & Professional Studies.
- Arrive early (at least 15 minutes)
- Dress for the audition -- in a professional manner that will allow for movement
- Bring your class and work schedule to the audition. Rehearsals are scheduled during the week based on availability, however on Friday and Saturday everyone in the cast is required to attend rehearsal on those days. They are called: All Call
- Print your contact information legibly on your audition form. This will ensure we are able to contact you for casting purposes.
- Please prepare two contrasting monologues no longer than 2 minutes in length.
- If you do not have prepared monologues in your repertoire -- you may work from a cold read. Sides (short scenes) will be provided from the script.
None at this time.
We Are Back!
Carol For A New South by Matthew James Sowell | November 18 - 21, 2021 | Directed by Katherine LeRoy-Lawson
Winter With the Hawks - A Christmas Concert | December 5, 2021 | Directed by Candice I. Pace
Speech & Debate by Stephen Karam | February 17 - 20, 2022 | Directed by Katherine LeRoy-Lawson
Godspell by John-Michael Tebelak and Music by Stephen Schwartz | April 13- 16, 2022 | Co-Directed by Katherine LeRoy-Lawson & David Franklin
Faculty & Staff
Bio: Katherine L. Lawson is an Assistant Professor of Theatre at South Georgia State College, where she teaches Fundamentals of Acting, Voice and Diction and Theatre Appreciation. Her directing credits include: Doubt, A Parable, Timeline, and Wit. She served as the Artistic Director for Journey, A Multimedia Production. Katherine is also a professional actor — some theatre credits: In the Next Room, the 13th of Paris, Amazing Grace, The Ladies Man, Speech & Debate, For Colored Girls, A Raisin in the Sun, The Colored Museum, Omnium Gatherum , Leading Ladies, Pretty Fire, Unnecessary Farce, Good People, & Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike. She has been seen on Sundance's “Hap & Leonard” and TV One's “Not Again”. She earned her B.A. in Theatre from Florida A & M University and her M.F.A. in Acting from the University of Nebraska - Lincoln.
Assistant Professor of Theatre
South Georgia State College
Dusti Lynn Vaughan
Dusti Lynn Vaughan
Theatre Manager | Administrative Coordinator | Box Office Manager