GOAL 2 - TALENTED FACULTY & STAFF
SGSC WILL RECRUIT AND RETAIN TALENTED AND DIVERSE FACULTY AND STAFF WITH COMPETITIVE SALARIES, INNOVATIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS, CLOSE-KNIT COMMUNITIES AND AN IDYLLIC QUALITY OF LIFE.
- Conduct a current climate survey yearly. Develop and implement an action plan responding to identified concerns. Select a national instrument that measures employee satisfaction within colleges and set goals to reach the highest levels of satisfaction (top quartile).
- Reduce faculty and staff turnover by 10 percent annually.
- Within the first year of the strategic plan, create and implement a faculty and staff recruitment plan that includes a formal mentoring program, matching the institution’s needs to the candidate’s strengths and services.
- Strengthen on-boarding to include multiple touchpoints throughout an employee’s career at SGSC.
- Conduct an annual assessment of faculty and staff orientations and adjust as necessary.
- Align new tenure-track faculty teaching load with the minimum requirement as defined in the Faculty Handbook.
- Develop and implement a faculty and staff Center for Professional Development within five years.
- Create and then implement innovative faculty and staff development programs rated as “good” or “excellent” by 75 percent-plus participants.
This goal is supported by the following units: