Information and Instructional Technology
Welcome to the Information and Instructional Technology Division at South Georgia State College.
The IIT Division is a major service provider to all stakeholders within the college community and supports most mission-critical processes and services, many 24/7. The division also provides a visionary and leadership role relating to e-content, infrastructure, services and policy, and often acts as a change agent.
The IIT Division is under the supervision of the Chief Information Officer and is responsible for the following:
• Support and assistance for desktop computing in both administrative and academic environments,
including equipment acquisition and repair;
• Operating system and database administration for the central campus computing environment;
• Data and voice communications;
• Support for Banner, PeopleSoft, and related applications;
• Software support and distribution;
• Web Assistance;
• Maintenance of campus network infrastructure;
• Network and email account setup and management;
• Management of student computing labs;
• Management of the campus Audio/Visual services.
Additionally, we offer centralized support, training, and consulting concerning information technology to the campus community.
Chief Information Officer