The mission of Internal Audit & Advisory Services (IAAS) is to support South Georgia State College (SGSC) management in meeting its governance, risk management, compliance and internal control responsibilities while helping to improve organizational and operational effectiveness and efficiency. The IAAS Director reports to the President of South Georgia State College and to the Chief Audit Officer of the University System of Georgia.
internal audit - EFFECTIVENESS QUESTIONNAIRE
The Core Principles, taken as a whole, articulate internal audit effectiveness.
- Demonstrates integrity.
- Demonstrates competence and due professional care.
- Is objective and free from undue influence (independent).
- Aligns with the strategies, objectives, and risks of South Georgia State College.
- Is appropriately positioned and adequately resourced.
- Demonstrates quality and continuous improvement.
- Communicates effectively.
- Provides risk-based assurance.
- Is insightful, proactive, and future-focused.
- Promotes organizational improvement.
Charles “Chuck” Fell, CIA, CISA
Director, Internal Audit & Advisory Services
100 West College Park Drive
Douglas, GA 31533