Thank you for your interest in a career with South Georgia State College!
It is the policy of South Georgia State College to require that an official application be completed and returned before you can be considered as a final candidate. The required application for the position you are applying will be available online and linked from the position announcement. If you are unable to open the application online, an application will be mailed upon your request. Application requests are to be addressed to the individual listed on the position announcement.
If you are a person with a disability and need accommodations in the application process, please notify the Human Resources Office of your requirements. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires documentation of identity and eligibility for employment in the United States. Georgia is an open records state.
"South Georgia State College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution (M/F/D/V)" A BACHELOR'S DEGREE GRANTING INSTITUTION OF THE UNIVERSITY SYSTEM OF GEORGIA
Part time Faculty
South Georgia State College is seeking to build a data base of qualified part-time faculty members. Faculty are needed at the off-campus teaching sites in Americus and Valdosta as well as both campuses in Douglas and Waycross. Part-time faculty members are called upon to teach as needed.
- Teach courses as contracted each semester.
- Meet each class as scheduled at the designated time and place and for the designated length of time.
- Be available each week for student appointments and consultation.
- At the beginning of each course, provide each student with a syllabus in accordance with the guidelines in the part-time faculty handbook.
- Submit proof rosters and grades to the registrar's office by the assigned deadlines.
- Maintain a record of grades and attendance for each class and forward such record to the appropriate academic division office upon completion of contractual teaching obligations.
- Participate in ongoing college faculty evaluation activities, including student evaluation of course/instructor, in-class observation by administrator or senior faculty member, and written self-evaluation.
Participate in ongoing academic division and/or assessment team general education learning outcome and program assessment activities.
All faculty credit course positions require a minimum of a Master's Degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline. Institutional credit learning support courses require a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and substantial course work in the teaching discipline.
Part-time faculty members will teach courses in one or more of the following discipline areas:
Art Appreciation, Biology, Business, Computer Information Systems, Criminal Justice, Economics, Education, English, Foreign Language, Health, History, Mathematics, Music Appreciation, Philosophy, Physical Education, Political Science, Psychology, Public Speaking, Reading, Sociology, Statistics, The Physical Sciences, Theater Appreciation.
An application may be obtained on line or at the Human Resources office in Richey Hall. Submit the application and transcripts of all college work to the office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs at South Georgia State College. Unofficial transcripts may accompany the application; official transcripts, however, will be required before beginning employment.