Important Douglas Campus Library Information
South Georgia State College William S.Smith Library - Douglas Campus
Each student should obtain his/her SGSC Institutional I.D. card after registering and cashiering for classes. Student I.D. cards are issued in the Clower Center. The ID card also serves as a Library Card. It gives students access to materials in the library. Loaning a card to someone else or using anyone else's ID card is a violation of the Code of Conduct. Unauthorized use of cards also violates state financial transaction laws.
This SGSC ID card is your Library Card. It is required to:
1. check out materials from the Smith Library collections,
2. check out books requested through GIL Express for delivery to the Smith Library from other University System Libraries, and
3. check out materials at other University System Libraries that you may visit (for example: at Valdosta State University Library).
The back of the SGSC ID Card displays a barcode, which is the institutional identification number for your personal “MY ACCOUNT” within the online GIL-Find Catalog. From your personal "MY ACCOUNT" screen, you can:
- obtain the current SGSC GALILEO password, which is required to access GALILEO databases remotely from non-SGSC network computers;
- renew library materials you have checked out (from your home SGSC library or from other University System Libraries); and
- place GIL Express requests for materials from other University System Libraries which are available for circulation in the USG Universal Catalog.
The SGSC ID Card can also be "tagged" at WEPA print stations for convenient printing in the library and other sites on campus. Student Technology Fees are used to provide $20.00 credit on students' WEPA printing accounts for the current semester.