SGSC has established Academic Support on each campus to provide services in the form of peer tutoring, supplemental materials, and programs that address all aspects of learning to support students' matriculation, continued enrollment, personal and professional development, and career preparation.
What We Offer:
- Tutoring Services
- Academic Success Workshops & Programs
- Supplemental Advising
- Individual Appointments
- Study Groups
- Supplemental Materials for Skill Development
- Academic Support Center- This Center is for all students and is located in Powell Hall, room 216.
- STEM Center- This Center is for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) majors and is located in Stubbs Hall, room 125.
- Academic Support Center- This Center is for all students and is located in the Dye Building, room 148A.
- Tutor.com is an online tutoring service offered to students free of charge. This service is available online 24/7. Tutor.com is accessible through your GeorgiaView account. Learn more about Tutor.com!
Note: Students visiting the Centers must sign in and out every time they receive tutoring or utilize the center’s resources. Please ask the tutor or available staff member if assistance is needed with signing in or out.
Hours of Operation:
Here is your Fall 2015 tutoring schedule:
- The STEM Center will be open Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
- The Academic Support Center will be open Monday through Thursday from 10:00am to 11:00am and 1:00pm to 5:00pm.
- The Academic Support Center will be open Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Become a Tutor!
Peer Tutors have the opportunity to help others, build skills and experience for their resumes, build professional relationships, improve their communication skills, receive work and leadership experience, obtain a work schedule that fits your academic schedule, and more!
Apply to become a Peer Tutor today by completing the application here.
In order to become a tutor, students must apply and have a minimum of two faculty recommendations. All courses tutored must be approved by the respective instructor for that course. A 3.0 institutional GPA is required, but tutors are placed on probation if their GPA falls below a 3.0 while employed; the tutor has one semester to increase their GPA or they may no longer tutor. Each peer tutor must undergo tutor training, sign confidentiality agreements, and will meet with his/her supervisor a on a weekly basis to address needs, suggestions, and concerns.
For more information, contact:
Amber Wheeler, M.Ed.
Academic Support Director