We welcome prospective students, parents and visitors to learn about the great communities we call home.
Located in southern Georgia, South Georgia State College is proud to be a multi-campus institution with campuses in Douglas and Waycross, Georgia. Douglas and Waycross are only about 40 miles apart and each offer a vibrant downtown, art and entrainment options as well as a good mix of retail businesses and industries.
Whatever your interest - biking, camping, golfing, river fishing, tubing, hunting, or just plain relaxing - it can be found in and around Douglas and Waycross. Both cities have a small-town atmosphere with safe, friendly neighborhoods, affordable housing and excellent medical care.
Several points of interest include:
• Broxton Rocks Preserve - Douglas
• Douglas Municipal Airport - Douglas
• General Coffee State Park - Douglas
• Heritage Station Museum - Douglas
• Laura S Walker State Park/Golf Course - Waycross
• Okefenokee Swamp Park - Waycross
• Okefenokee Heritage Center – Waycross
• Southern Forest World Museum - Waycross
SGSC is an official educational partner of the Okefenokee Swamp Park and the Satilla Riverkeeper.